24 Jun 2020 - 00:00
Dressage Ireland continue to endeavour to make online dressage more accessible to our members at this strange time . In an attempt to do so Riders can now share their test videos via WhatsApp or YouTube with the Regional Show Organiser.
Additionally Regions can use OFFICIAL BD TESTS if they wish including BD Freestyle tests .
The impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic has resulted in a very different way of life & so Online Dressage will hopefully allow some practice riding of tests to be completed before actual competition is allowed to resume.
The Rider’s video will need to be uploaded to their own YouTube channel & then a link sent to the Region or send via WhatsApp, the Region’s Show Organiser will forward the video to the Judge.
Currently we can only accept entries from DI members, we hope this restriction will be lifted in the future.
So with this in mind DI Northern Region will be running an Online League over 3 shows with Rosettes & prizes in kind on offer to the winners. It will be run from Prelim up to Medium level & there will be an separate Freestyle class running BD Novice to Medium level.
- League Points will be awarded at all shows for placings, 10 points for a first down to 1 point for 10th place;
- Classes will not be split into Categories;
- Points will count from every test ridden;
- In the event of equality of points, the rider who has attended the most shows will gain the higher place. If still equal, the actual percentages gained at the shows will be used and the highest total will gain the higher place.
DI NR Online Dressage Show #2.
Date: Wednesday 24th June 2020
Show Organiser: Richard McCracken
Contact No: 07766741179
- Class 1: DI Preliminary 5 (2012) [S]
- Class 2: DI Novice 23 (2012) [S]
- Class 3: DI Elementary 50 (2013) [S]
- Class 4: DI Medium 62 (2015) [S]
- Class 5: BD Freestyle Novice; Elementary or Medium.
Closing date for entries: Sun 21st June 2020 at MIDNIGHT.
Videos must be received by Wed 24th June’20 MIDNIGHT.
Results published Sunday 28th June’20.
Provisional Judge’s List:
Debbie Osborough (DI List 4).
In the comments section of the online entry, please state the following:
- Class number;
- Name & Membership No. of horse and rider.
We need to remind people placing an entry for a DI show that if they wish to compete as a registered member, they have to ensure their membership of rider & horse is fully processed by Central before they place a Registered entry.
Otherwise entry will not be accepted & you will forfeit your fee.